Hey there Sea Changers and welcome to my post where we will check out my three best ergonomic chairs for the home office this year. Now, in recent times, the number of us working from home and hence, setting up home offices has dramatically increased.
However, working in a home office can be challenging, especially when it comes to maintaining good posture and avoiding discomfort or pain. But don’t fret, a good ergonomic chair can definitely assist here so for those of you looking to get set up here, I have had a bit of a look around and come up with three decent options below.
Let’s check them out…
My 3 recommended ergonomic chairs for the home office
I will review these in more detail below however if you just want to get moving without all the carry on, my 3 are listed here for your convenience:
|Ergonomic Chair||Price||Get it|
|Silybon Ergonomic Office Chair||$||CURRENT PRICE|
|Oline ErgoPro Ergonomic Office Chair||$$||CURRENT PRICE|
|AmazonCommercial Ergonomic Executive Office Desk Chair||$$$||CURRENT PRICE|
What is an ergonomic chair?
In short, an ergonomic chair is a specially designed seating solution that prioritizes the user’s comfort, support and overall well-being while sitting for extended periods. These chairs are developed with the principles of an ergonomic office in mind, which allows the chair to move within the natural movement and physical abilities of the human body.
In addition, ergonomic chairs often feature adjustable seat heights, back and neck support as well as soft materials and wheeled based for ease of movement and comfort as well.
Everyday people (including me) are earning THOUSANDS of dollars selling other people's products through affiliate programs .
No inventory. No customer service. All profit.
What should you be looking for?
The following factors should be considered as you hunt around for a good desk for your ergonomic home office needs:
- Adjustable seat height
- Lumbar support and adjustable backrest
- Seat depth and width
- Swivel and casters
- Material and padding
Adjustable seat height
The height of the seat is one of the most important elements when it comes to an ergonomic chair as this is what assists in determining how the body is positioned when it is working. This feature then allows users to set the chair at a comfortable height relative to their desk, promoting proper posture and reducing the risk of strain on the lower back and legs.
Check out these: Ergonomic desks for the home office
Lumbar support and adjustable backrest
Ergonomic chairs often have a contoured backrest that supports the natural curve of the spine, particularly the lumbar region. This helps to maintain proper posture and reduce the likelihood of back pain.
Additionally, a good office chair should have a backrest that can be adjusted in terms of angle height, and tilt to provide optimal support for the user’s spine as well.
Seat depth and width
This is an area that is often overlooked but a proper seat depth and width ensure that your thighs are fully supported without putting undue pressure on the back of the knees. An adjustable seat depth can help accommodate users with different leg lengths as well as stopping you from moving around a lot if your backside and legs become uncomfortable.
Adjustable armrests can help reduce strain on the shoulders and neck by supporting the arms at a comfortable height and angle. These however are a definite area of personal preference (I don’t really like them myself) so if this is the case, maybe look for an option where they can be folded up or down depending on whether you are ‘feeling it’ at the time.
Swivel and casters
Swivel and casters are two features of ergonomic chairs that contribute to their mobility and ease of use, allowing you to move around their workspace more comfortably and efficiently without placing extra strain on your legs or back. Here’s a breakdown of both features:
- Swivel: The swivel function allows the chair’s seat to rotate horizontally around a central axis, typically a base or pedestal. This rotation enables the user to change their orientation without having to move the entire chair or twist their body. Swiveling helps reduce the strain on the lower back, hips, and legs, as it allows for more natural and fluid movement.
- Casters: Casters are small wheels attached to the base of the chair, allowing for smooth and easy movement across the floor. They enable users to move the chair around their workspace with minimal effort, which can be particularly beneficial in offices where space is limited or multiple workstations are present.
Material and padding
Another oft overlooked area, the material and padding used in ergonomic chairs play a crucial role in providing comfort, durability and breathability. In general, for most ergonomic chairs, this includes:
- Padding: A well-padded chair offers support and comfort for users who sit for extended periods. Padding materials can include foam, memory foam, gel, or a combination of these. High-quality foam provides a good balance between support and softness, molding to the body’s contours and evenly distributing pressure. Memory foam, on the other hand, conforms to the user’s shape, offering personalized support and pressure relief. Gel padding is often used in conjunction with foam to provide additional cushioning and maintain a cooler seating experience.
- Upholstery material: The choice of upholstery material can significantly impact the comfort, durability, and breathability of an ergonomic chair. Fabric upholstery is typically breathable and available in a wide variety of colors and patterns however, it may be more susceptible to staining and wear. Mesh upholstery is known for its excellent breathability, allowing air to circulate and keeping the user cool during extended periods of sitting. It’s also relatively low-maintenance and provides a good balance of support and flexibility. Genuine leather upholstery is a popular choice for its luxurious look and feel. It’s durable, easy to clean, and resistant to wear, but may not be as breathable as fabric or mesh.
- Frame material: The frame material can also impact the chair’s durability, weight and aesthetics. Common frame materials include plastic which is is lightweight and easy to clean or metal such as steel or aluminum, which is known for durability and strength.
Other potential additions include:
- Keyboard or mouse stands – these allow you to attach these peripherals to your chair for better support and posture.
- Headrests – for al ittle extra support of the neck etc.
- Hooks – good for hanging extras such as headphones etc.
My three recommendations broken down
So based on the information above, and my own experience, I recommend the following:
1. Silybon Ergonomic Office Chair
This first option is a good one for those who want something that is easy to use and will handle all general office needs without any fuss. It is a decent size with all of the relevant adjustment options included. See its specifications below:
- Material – Breathable nylon mesh with durable hard engineered wood and nylon base
- lumbar range– 4cm lumbar and 30 degree backrest adjustment
- Size – 20 x 24 x 38 inches
- Weight capacity– 300lb
- Flip up armrests
- Adjustable height
Why have I chosen it?
Designed to provide 3 support points (back/hip/hand) and proper lumbar support, this seat provides everything needed for an good ergonomic setup. The seat height can be easily adjusted to meet different needs with strong stability to reduce the chances of tipping and 360° free rotation in the casters. This is a great option for those who want a simple, cost effective ergonomic chair that is durable enough to handle day to day use.
2. Oline ErgoPro Ergonomic Office Chair
My second option is for those looking for a little more support with good inclusions to cover everything a home office setup will need. And if the kids get a hold of it, it will work well as a gaming chair too. See its specifications below:
- Material – Breathable nylon mesh with metal frame
- lumbar range– Dynamic lumbar support and 135 degree backrest adjustment
- Size – 26 x 26 x 53 inches
- Weight capacity– 300lb
- 4D Adjustable Armrests
- Premium Gas Lift
- Silent and smooth blade wheels
- Adjustable Headrest
Why have I chosen it?
As above, this second option provides for a great ergonomic setup for those who need a little extra support for long days at the desk. It is super strong and is designed to give your back and body proper support while you sit. And of course you can also adjust the headrest, armrests and height to customize to your body as well.
3. AmazonCommercial Ergonomic Executive Office Desk Chair
This third unit is built for those who want the ergonomic benefits with a little extra luxury thrown is as well. See its specifications below:
- Material – Bonded leather with metal frame
- lumbar range– Dynamic lumbar support and tilting backrest
- Size – 29.5 x 28 x 40-43 inches
- Weight capacity– 2375lb
- FLip up armests
- 360 degree turn on oversized rolling caster wheels
- Extra padding in seat and backrest
Why have I chosen it?
As above, this is a great option for those who want an ergonomic chair with a little luxury or have a need for a good corporate look. The chair is designed to meet industry ergonomic design standards and is strong, sturdy and a will last well too.
So… There are my 3 best ergonomic chairs for the home office this year. I hope it has been helpful for you as you set up your own home office and as usual, please do not hesitate to comment below if you have any questions, need some advice or have any experiences to share.
Oh, and especially comment if you have any experience with these, or any other desk options as well.
Until next time
Note: If you make a purchase from this page, there is a very good chance that I make a commission from it – these commissions do not increase your sale price. This may include sales made via Wealthy Affiliate and Amazon.
Do you want further assistance with any of the above or need help to build your own work from home business?
Are you looking for a comprehensive training platform that can give you step by step training, 24/7 support, tools to develop and host your very own website, ongoing assistance with SEO and social media and access to some of the best affiliate marketing minds on the planet, then click on the following link to read more about Wealthy Affiliate.