Hey there sea changers, Today I wanted to introduce you to an MLM program that I have come across with my Forever Living MLM Review. I have been checking these out lately as as you may be aware, the health and wellness supplements niche is a great one to promote within an online business due to its evergreen nature and large range of products. I mean let's face it, people are always going to be concerned about their health regardless of anything else going on in the world and stats prove that they will spend money online to get the products they like. Is Forever Living MLM worth joining?
Well, in this review I will cover:
- What is MLM?
- Who is Forever Living?
- MLM Program outline
- Final thoughts
What is MLM?
Multi-level marketing (MLM) programs are the mainstay of the ‘party plan' world of products such as Tupperware, Mary Kay and Amway etc. and within the health and wellness market. The multi level aspects of MLM come from its hierarchical nature in which you make commissions based not only on those that you sell to, but also the sales of those whom you ‘sign' into membership arrangements as well.
Why Not Try Affiliate Marketing Instead?
Make Commissions On The Full Sales Price With No Pre-Set Targets And No In Person Parties
In short, the process works as follows:
- You join the program, either via referral from another person (known as your up line) or directly through their website.
- You promote the products of the company via parties, workshops or online.
- As you make sales, you offer incentives to your customers to sign up as a member of the program (there are different names for this but they all mean the same thing).
- That new member is then placed ‘underneath' you in a hierarchical arrangement (known as your down line).
- You, and a number of levels of your up line, then gain extra commissions for everything they sell as well.
- If they manage to refer their customers into memberships, they also become a member of your down line allowing you to make up line commissions as well.
The number of levels of your up and down lines will vary depending on the program you have joined. Commission rates will also often change as your down line grows or contracts and many will also offer other incentives such as total company sales percentages and/or access to membership prizes as your own business grows.
Who is Forever Living?
Forever Living is a grower, manufacturer and distributor of Aloe Vera products which they promote as being of the highest quality and totally environmentally friendly. They pride themselves on the fact that they farm, harvest and manufacture their own Aloe Vera in a sustainable and environmentally friendly manner.
The company was founded in 1978 in Tempe, Arizona by Rex Maughan who wanted to offer “the best consumable products to the public, products that are proven to promote lasting wellness and health, and let the products and the people who try them speak for themselves”.
What do they Sell?
As above, Forever Living specialise in Aloe Vera products that include:
- Skin care products
- Personal care products
- Hand Sanitisers
For those of you working within slightly different niches, they also offer the following:
- Bee products
- Nutrition supplements
- Weight Management supplements
- Essential oils
Pricing for all products is generally comparable to other vendors with some, such as the small essential oil range, being a little more cost effective.
MLM Program outline
Members of the Forever Living MLM program are known as Independent Forever Business Owners. The base details are as follows:
Commission rate: 43% – Personal Sales
Down line commission rates: Up to 18% for distributors you sponsor with 13% once they reach Assistant Supervisor, Supervisor, and Assistant Managers status.
Minimum monthly spend to qualify for commissions – Nil – see below.
Payment terms: Not Stated
Application required?: Yes, basic personal information and promotion strategy.
Marketing materials provided: Text links, banners, training videos, documents, and resources.
One aspect that appears to be different on this site is that you appear to be able to join and become a member without actually having to purchase anything. It also appears that you do not personally need to make a purchase personally to earn commissions. From what I can tell however you do need at least 4 Case Credits (1 CC = approx $140USD in sales) within your downline so I am taking an educated guess that if they don't get the sales, that you will need to make it up yourself.
That said, I would hazard a guess that if you are looking to promote these items – especially in person – then you will probably need to purchase at least some of them.
All in all, the program promotes 10 ways that you can earn money.
Note: I would love to see some comments below if anyone can confirm/correct my information above. This site does not provide this information easily.
From what I can tell, there is a large range of rankings within the Forever Living program including:
- Diamond Centurion
- Triple Diamond
- Double Diamond
- Diamond Sapphire
- Assistant Manager
- Assistant Supervisor
Rankings are determined by a number of factors that are a little more involved than some other programs including:
- Number of Case Credit points earned (personal or downline sales)
- Number of recruits added to your downline
- Attendance at training programs
Senior Status and Above
To attain a status above Manager, you will need to become and Eagle Manager by:
- Being Active every month.
- Being Leadership Bonus Qualified.
- Generating at least 720 Total Case Credits, including at least 100 NEWCase Credits.
- Personally sponsoring and developing at least 2 new Supervisor lines.
- Supporting local and regional meetings.
Once these are achieved, then you can move through the higher rankings as follows:
- Senior Manager: 1 Downline Eagle Manager.
- Soaring Manager: 3 Downline Eagle Managers.
- Sapphire Manager: 6 Downline Eagle Managers.
- Diamond-Sapphire: 10 Downline Eagle Managers.
- Diamond Manager: 15 Downline Eagle Managers.
- Double-Diamond Manager: 25 Downline Eagle Managers.
- Triple-Diamond Manager: 35 Downline Eagle Managers.
- Centurion-Diamond Manager: 45 Downline Eagle Managers
Members at this level qualify for Gem bonus (percentage to total sales) of between 1 and 3%. Eagle managers are also eligible for bonus travel, retreats, conferences and advanced training.
Click here for more information in regards to the above.
I must admit, I have found a bit of contradiction on this site in regards to its program (again, happy to be proven wrong if you have comments below) in that on one page they do stipulate – quite rightly – that programs such as these are not easy to earn money from but on another, they discuss their guaranteed success outline. This outline is as follows:
- Purchase a Business Pak – this is the only place they mention a purchase requirement.
- Develop a plan
- Set your foundation by retailing 4 case credits per month (1 case credit = approximately USD$140 worth of sales)
- Follow up with your clients and prospects
- Present the business opportunity
- Sponsor new team members and guide them through the cycle
This is quite a simple way to describe the process, and if I am being honest, the same sales pitch is used with different wording by just about every MLM program on the planet so I guess just keep in mind that whilst the process is simple, success is not.
What else can you get?
Unlike many other MLM platforms, there are no incentives for maintaining monthly personal purchase levels, however there are some other bonuses structures in place for high selling members.
Forever2Drive allows you to earn money towards a car, boat, motorcycle, or whatever else you can think of if you can maintain the following over a three-month period:
Once these levels are achieved, payments are made towards the above vehicle types over a 36-month period
What is good about it?
So, after a good look around the site and looking at all the options I could find, I do like the following:
- Commission rates for new entrants are a lot higher than many other MLM programs.
- There is a good diversification of products allowing for good cross selling and online promotion opportunities.
- Commissions are paid to at least 5 levels.
- You do not need to spend any money to join – i.e. no starter kit required.
What is no so good about it?
There are also some things to be aware of including:
- Information is really hard to find – I mean, I like to think that I am fairly savvy at finding information on the internet but it took me at least an hour of clicking around to find the information required within the Forever Living site for this post (I always include what is in the company pages only). I am not sure many would take this time.
- There is a large requirement on meeting and training attendance which might be difficult for some – especially those who wish to follow this journey in an inline capacity.
From a product sales point of view, the Forever Living site is clean and I could follow it easily but I personally don't like sites that appear to be ‘hiding' information that might attract members. There is also a great deal of attention given to the recruitment of new members – and although common with all MLM programs – I just felt that if you were to succeed within this one, then it is something that you would really need to focus on rather than pure sales volumes alone. That said, I did read a line somewhere on the site that simply recruiting people will not make you money – which is a good thing to have out there.
Reviews for this program were mixed and in general fairly standard for MLM type platforms. Those who have made money love it – quite passionately from what I have seen – and those who have not, don't – again quite passionately. Those who love it say it has changed their lives whilst others are very aggressive in their terminology – shonk and scam were the common words.
I did not however find any negative reviews about the products themselves so my final advice would be to do your own research before you commit.
I was also unable to locate any negative reviews in terms of non-payment or customer service levels for this site.
My final thoughts
Look, MLM is not an easy platform to make money in, but if you are passionate about these products and like this brand, then to be honest, I cannot see much in there that would cause me to warn you off. I have concerns about the fact that information is hard to find but at the end of the day, there is nothing in here that you would not find on most other MLM programs. Is it worth joining? If you can commit to in person meetings and what appear to be a strong push for recruitment, then maybe it is.
So there you have it, my honest review and appraisal of the Forever Living MLM program. I hope it has been of assistance but as usual, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out by commenting below.
Are there any other programs you have been looking at but want to know more about? If so, please comment below and I will do my best to get some details for you.
Do you want further assistance with any of the above or need help to build your own MLM based website?
Are you looking for a comprehensive training platform that can give you step by step training, 24/7 support, tools to develop and host your very own website, ongoing assistance with SEO and social media and access to some of the best affiliate marketing minds on the planet, then click on the following link to read more about Wealthy Affiliate.
Until next time
Note: If you make a purchase from this page, there is a very good chance that I make a commission from it – these commissions do not increase your sale price.