Hey there my fellow sea changers and welcome back to our journey into all things affiliate marketing. Today I am going to run you through my insights into a program that I use called Jaaxy. I often get asked “what is a Jaaxy?” when I chat with my friends about how this affiliate marketing caper works so I thought I had better run through it all here. To answer the question, Jaaxy is a keyword research program that helps you make sure your posts stand out from the crowd in search engine results.
Why is that important?
Well in my previous post where I introduced you all to the world of affiliate marketing I discussed the need to make sure your posts are ranking in internet search engines (Google, Bing etc.) so that prospective purchasers can find them. And whilst there are a number of influences that effect where you rank – including the sands of time – there are two main things that you really need to be doing right from the start:
- The consistent release of quality, problem solving content.
- Applicable selection of relevant keywords.
In this review, I will run through what Jaaxy is, how it works and what it can do for you – actually, just check out the heading in the table of contents below. I will be honest in my appraisal of this program, however, in the interests of transparency I will let you know now that I use it for every post that I write so obviously I like it and do recommend it. Read on to see why.
What is Jaaxy
In simple terms, Jaaxy is program that allows you to improve SEO with a keyword research tool as you can determine the best keyword/s to incorporate into your post based on:
- Competition – as in how many other sites use the same keywords
- Number of searches undertaken using those keywords per month
- How much traffic you could expect once your page ranks on page 1
- Your chances of getting to page 1 with your chosen keywords.
What does ranking mean?
When we use the term ‘ranking’, we simply mean that the search engine is aware of your post and has ranked it in its search engine results pages (SERPs) based on a number of factors – in fact over 200 odd which I will discuss in another post. To be honest it is probably just easier to show you what we mean.
Let’s use an example. Say that you want to find the best 4k smart televisions on the market. To do so you log into a search engine (for ease of explanation I will use Google within this post) and type in “best 4k smart televisions”. With this search I get the following results (noting that this page will change almost daily):
I have scrolled down in my search results as the top 3 places were paid ads and you can see above then that the first slot in the results is a Tech Radar review. So in ranking terms, this site is ranked number 1 on page 1. This is always our end goal.
What is a keyword?
In short, keywords are the words and phrases that make it possible for people to find your site when undertaking internet searches. The key here for us when we are using Jaaxy for keyword searches is two fold:
- Try and match the words that real life people would use to find information that they need
- Try and match these searches to words that have high search numbers and low competition.
In the example we gave in the previous section on ranking, our keywords we used were “best 4k smart televisions”. So the sites we saw in our results rank highly for those keywords. We will play with these later…
Jaaxy at a glance
Product Name: Jaaxy Keyword Research Tool
Founder: Kyle Loudon & Carson Lim
Product Type: Web-based Keyword Research Tool
Price: Free Trial (30 searches), $49 month (pro) or $99 month (Enterprise) ($19 Month Pro or $49 Enterprise if you are a member of Wealthy Affiliate)
Best For: Affiliate marketers, bloggers, content marketers, freelancers, website owners, etc
What does Jaaxy do?
Jaaxy has a number of amazing functions that not only give you the best chance of ranking highly on search engines but also a number of other research and analysis tools. Let’s run through some of the main ones now:
This would be the most used and effective tool in the Jaaxy stable. As I have said earlier, I use it for every post I write in order to give myself the absolute best chance of ranking at number 1 on page 1 (Just so you know, my keywords for this post – “What is a jaaxy”). However, let’s have a look at this tool using our example keywords from earlier in this post:
So, what does this mean? Jaaxy tells us with the following stats:
- Avg – this is the average number of searches undertaken using these exact keywords per month – The higher the better
- Traffic – this is how much traffic you could expect from this keyword per month – The higher the better
- QSR – This is how many other sites there are out there with the same keywords – The lower the better
- SEO – this is a Jaaxy calculation based on the other factors on your chances of ranking on the first page with this keyword.
- Domain Searches – Should you be using the keyword searches to come up with a website name then you can use this link to go to the Wealthy Affiliate domain registration and purchase service.
What are we looking for:
I recommend that you look for keywords that have the following:
- Avg– the higher the better but looking for around 40 and above
- QSR – under 100
- SEO – I usually look for anything that is 90 or greater.
So, without rambling on for pages here (which is easy to do when it comes to keywords), the keyword “best 4k smart televisions” is ok as there are no competitors using those words meaning that if someone searched, your chances of coming in first will skyrocket. The only problem however is that there are not many searches on that keyword.
However, Jaaxy will provide further help here by showing us other examples we may want to consider – just look down the page. If it were me and I wanted to write a post providing information to readers on the best televisions they could buy, I would change my keywords to “best rated smart televisions” . This works as the average searches per month is a lot higher with only 1 other competitor.
In terms of ranking, it is also critical that we turn our keywords into a post title that makes grammatical sense (or make sense to those who would be searching in that niche), so in this case I would title my affiliate blog post to be something like ‘The 10 best rated smart televisions to buy’ or something like that.
Are You Ready To Turn Your Passion
See how I started making money online with this one simple 4 Step Method.
And best of all, you can start your own online journey and learn this method for yourself totally FREE … Click on the button below to see how I did it.
One of the main problems that many affiliate marketers have is constantly finding new ideas to write about. This is where Jaaxy’s Alphabet Soup tool comes in. I use this if I need a little prompt as what to write about. Let’s again use our television example. We have written our review on televisions to solve a problem for people who need a TV but don’t know what to buy… now what?
Let’s plug “Smart Television” into the Alphabet Soup tool and see what we get:
Oooh, apps for a smart television, that could work. If I click on the Search on this link in the right, I can see how the keywords will show for this:
So here we have some content ideas – I would probably title my post as ’10 Best Apps for Smart TVs’ as even though that keyword has more competition, there are also way more searches taken for those keywords that the top two results.
Jaaxy’s Search Analysis tool is another good way of finding potential post subjects and ideas as it will actually show you what else is out there. In this case, let’s see what we have for our chosen keywords from our Alphabet soup analysis.
Use this information to see:
- What is out there already – i.e. is it worth writing a post on?
- Are there any information gaps you could focus on?
- What have you missed? – There is no need to reinvent the wheel so don’t be afraid to copy your competition – just make sure you copy their ideas and successes and NOT their actual work.
This is one that I would probably recommend avoiding at the start of your affiliate marketing journey but it is a good one to use later on to see where you are at with your rankings. As you start to release more and more quality, helpful content you can use this site to see where you are actually ranking in the major search engines. To do the search, you need to enter your chosen keywords and the site domain:
As you can see, for the keywords and domain that I have entered, the post has made it to page 1 of Google and Yahoo.
Oh, and the original keyword stats?
Probably not the best stats wise, but obviously passable hey!
What are the Pros?
As you can tell, I really like Jaaxy and use it for every post that I write. Here is a big fat list of all the pros of Jaaxy:
- Very user-friendly interface
- Software is all online so no need for downloads, installations or upgrades
- Very fast and helpful support
- Fast and accurate keyword and analysis results
- Ability to locate relevant domains from within Jaaxy
- Mobile friendly
- Data is accessed directly from Google and Bing for improved accuracy
- Solid array of training materials available
- Useful for all online Website uses and SEO management
What are the Cons?
There is not much I don’t like about this site but I do remember one main issue when I was starting out:
- No suggestions for post titles – some of the keyword results are grammatically unusable in their initial displayed state so for newbies I would have liked to see some title examples.
How much does it cost?
Jaaxy, like most online software programs has tiered subscription membership plans as follows:
Do I recommend it?
Absolutely I do. I use it and honestly believe that I would not have been as successful in my online businesses without it. I use it to find keywords, suggestions and have a look at what my competitors are doing. Jaaxy alone will not get you ranked highly in the search engines, but it certainly will put you ahead of the game as you build your affiliate marketing business.
So there it is, my honest review of the Jaaxy Keyword Search Tool based on my own uses and opinions. It may sound a little biased as I love it so much but as I have said, I do not believe that I could be as successful as I have been in the online world without it. Do you agree? disagree? or have any questions? If so please do not hesitate to comment below and I will be sure to respond.
Are you a member of Wealthy Affiliate?
Are you a member of Wealthy Affiliate? If so, guess what? You automatically get free access to Jaaxy Lite as part of your Weathy Affiliate membership – even the free starter membership. And you also get discounted upgrades to:
- Jaaxy Pro – USD $19 per month (down from $49)
- Jaaxy Enterprise – USD $49 per month (down from $99)
Not a member of Wealthy Affiliate?
If you are looking for a comprehensive training platform that can give you step by step training, 24/7 support, tools to develop and host your very own website and access to some of the best affiliate marketing minds on the planet – as well as access to jaaxy – then click on the following link to read more about Wealthy Affiliate.
Until next time
Note: If you make a purchase from this page, there is a very good chance that I make a commission from it – these commissions do not increase your sale price.
- Free high functionality use option available
- Very user-friendly interface
- Very fast and helpful support
- Data taken directly from search engines
- Real time SEO analysis/assistance.
- No suggestions for post titles