Hey there Sea Changers and welcome back. Today is a quick one following up on some recent reviews I have written where I will show you how to install GeneratePress Premium. GeneratePress is a WordPress editor theme that is available for free and good for those running just about any type of website you may need.
The Premium version is the paid upgrade for this theme that offers extra customisation and support capabilities for web designers. It does however require a separate install so let’s run through that now.
What is GeneratePress Premium?
Generate Press Premium is the premium upgrade to the GeneratePress WordPress theme. As with most WordPress themes, premium versions are available that provide access to greater functionality and customisation options than the free option. Once you have installed the upgrade, you are able to access the following:
- All premium features (see below)
- Full access to the Site Library featuring ready-made templates
- Access to increased site builder capabilities such as block editor
- Premium support
- Use on up to 500 websites
The GeneratePress Premium theme includes the following enhanced features:
How much does it cost
Costs to upgrade to the Premium version of GeneratePress are as follows:
How to install GeneratePress Premium
The GeneratePress Premium upgrade is actually install as a plugin rather than a theme. The following instructions outline the installation process:
1. Access the GeneratePress website and access the Premium Theme page.
2. Click on the Pricing button and follow steps payment and download steps.
3. Once you have downloaded the plugin (it will be a .zip file), login to your WordPress editor.
4. Select Plugins then Add New from the left-hand menu page.
5. Select upload plug in at the top left of the screen
6. Click on the Choose file button and navigate to the location that you downloaded the gp-premium.zip (or similar) in step 2 above.
7. Click on the Install Now button to install the plug in.
8. Once the installation process is complete, click on the Activate Plugin button to complete the installation process.
9. The Plug in should now be visible within the Plug in page on the WordPress editor.
Once the plug in is installed, the upgraded theme can now be configured to activate each of the premium features as listed above. This can be undertaken as follows:
1. Click on Configure on the GP Premium plugin on the Plugins page.
2. Enter the License Key on the right-hand side of the page to register for updates etc.
3. Tick on the box to the left of each feature that you wish to activate, select Activate on the Bulk Actions drop down box and then click on the Apply button at the top to complete the activation.
Once this is completed, you are now able to configure and customise the website as required.
So there you have it, my instruction on how to install the GeneratePress Premium Theme. I hope it has been of assistance but as usual, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out by commenting below.
Are there any other programs you have been looking at but want to know more about? If so, please comment below and I will do my best to get some details for you.
Until next time
Note: If you make a purchase from this page, there is a very good chance that I make a commission from it – these commissions do not increase your sale price. This many include sales made via Wealthy Affiliate or GeneratePress. I am an affiliate of GeneratePress and this site is built using the GeneratePress Premium Theme.