Hey there sea changers and welcome to my post where we will check out my 4 tips to make your home ideal for working this year. In recent times, more and more of us are working from home with varying degrees of success. Some find they get a lot more done than in an office whilst others struggle to mix work and influences such as chores or even the TV.
So in an effort to give you the best chance of work at home success, let’s check out some of my tips below:
Tips To Make Your Home Ideal For Working
Statisticians state that during the COVID pandemic, over 64% of employees were working from home in 2020. Because of this, many homeowners were looking for ways of enhancing their home offices. So we will start there.
Click on the button below to access the exact training that I followed step by step to make over $1000 a month and growing.
You too can start your very own online business here!!
1. Setup a clear work space
Most will tell you (myself included) that when working from home, you will generally get the best results if you have a specific spot in which to do your work – preferably away from the kitchen and loungeroom areas. Below are some factors to consider as you set up your home office:
- Lighting – this is a critical variable when it comes to working productivity. Focus on illumination in rooms wherever you plan to work. Natural light has many physical benefits so if your space has windows, position your workstation closer to the sun’s rays. Alternatively, make sure the lighting is bright enough inside so that you can see properly.
- Air – Circulating air reduces tiredness and stress so if you are near a window, let the breeze in when the weather is agreeable. If no window is present, then a funky cooling fan that matches your style will go a long way.
- Furniture – This is another critical element with importance placed on having ergonomic furniture. The right chair will keep your spinal health in check and stave off irritability borne from back pain. Highly recommended ones are expensive, so be sure to comparison-shop. Also ensure that you have set your workstation up to ergonomic standards to again reduce tiredness and stress on the body.
- Organization – Efficiency demands organization. It becomes impossible to find what you’re looking for when documents are simply piled in stacks. Combat this by designing a filing system that are both practical and visually appealing remain available. Make sure your computer files follow a similar organizational pattern.
2. Establish a routine
One of the biggest advantages of working in an office environment is routine. We get up, shower, dress appropriately, have a good breakfast and head out the door. The same should be done if you are working at home. Again, some find it easy to work in their PJs and slippers however a general rule of thumb is to get ready as you would for an office job – so dress for your work.
The next step here is to “go to work”! When you are ready to start your day, head to your home office, turn on your laptop and get to it. Once this is started, you can assist your workday by:
- Taking water and snacks with you so you are not having to leave all the time – this is where distractions occur.
- Take a proper lunch break – leave the office and have lunch, go for a quick walk or relax in the sun. DO NOT turn on the TV – trust me!
- Set a clear finish time – one of the biggest problems of working from home is that we tend to work earlier or later than we normally would. Set clear start, lunch, break and finish times and stick to them.
- Ignore the chores – like the TV, these can lead to rabbit holes that take more time than you planned and your day is gone before you know it.
Of course there are always variations to these rules and the advantage of working from home is that we can work when it suits and not when it doesn’t. Some of us can still get everything done whilst throwing on that load of washing or emptying the dishwasher. And of course there is that mad time when the kids get home from school as well.
However if you are struggling to get your stuff done, then I can talk from experience here that the tips above will definitely help.
I used this platform to help me build a successful online business from scratch based on my passion!
I followed this training to the letter and went from $0 to $100s per day. Learn more below!
3. Clear your rejuvenation space
Again as with any type of work, a proper night’s rest improves your ability to tackle the day’s responsibilities. Making your bedroom as quiet as possible bolsters sleep quality. You can do this by laying down thick carpets or hanging ceiling-mounted drapes. If you drift off better with relaxing music coaxing you into slumber land, invest in a wireless audio system that’s controllable from your phone. You also want to block out as much light as possible.
Perhaps the biggest influence here however is that it is incredibly important that your bedroom has positive energy in it. Do this by leaving you work stuff in the home office and not dragging it into the bedroom. Work time is spent in the office, not the bedroom. If there has been conflict, criticism or conflict in your work day then take the time to heal those wounds personally away from that environment.
4. Separate your house from work too
When you work in an office, your home becomes your sanctuary away from the daily grind. And just because you have a home office, this should not change. Your home should be a place where you can relax, so start by simply shitting the door to your home office so it is detached from the house.
And as with your bedroom above, remove any work related stuff from it so that you are not reminded of it over your down time. Make your home somewhere where you can enjoy time and do whatever it is you like to do. I know some friends of mine did this by installing a pool in their backyard and spending as much time as possible outside. This is also ideal for anyone who wants to combine cooking with entertaining a means of relaxing as well.
So… There are my 4 to make your home space ideal for working this year. I hope it has been helpful for you as you commence or continue your own online business and as usual, please do not hesitate to comment below if you have any questions, need some advice or have any experiences to share.
Oh, and especially comment if you have any other tips to be included as well.
Until next time
Note: If you make a purchase from this page, there is a very good chance that I make a commission from it – these commissions do not increase your sale price. This may include sales made via Wealthy Affiliate.
Do you want further assistance with any of the above or need help to build your own money making website?
Are you looking for a comprehensive training platform that can give you step by step training, 24/7 support, tools to develop and host your very own website, ongoing assistance with SEO and social media and access to some of the best affiliate marketing minds on the planet, then click on the following link to read more about Wealthy Affiliate.